Each business is different, so are their needs. So, how can we use the same tools and programming language to create websites for enterprises with varying goals and requirements?
But the web development industry is continuously evolving and changing. As a result, we have numerous programming languages to meet the specific needs of enterprises. In this post, we will explain Ruby on Rails to find out why everyone is talking about it.
You all are here on this page indicates that you have heard about Ruby on Rails and want to know more. Many of you must be considering Ruby on Rails development services for your next project. Regardless of your needs and level of knowledge in Ruby on Rails, you will get answers to your questions if you keep reading. Without further ado, let us get started.
- A brief introduction about Ruby On Rails
Ruby on Rails, also known as RoR, consists of a framework “Rails” and an open-source programming language. Created in the mid-90s, Ruby on Rails has undergone a lot of advancements over the years.
While it is a general-purpose language like Java or C, it is mostly known for building robust web applications. Often, developers refer to Ruby on Rails as a dynamic open-source web development programming language for good reasons only.
Given the benefits, it is no surprise that leading brands such as Amazon, Shopify, Twitter, and Basecamp use Ruby on Rails for their websites. If you are wondering why is Ruby on Rails is a dynamic programming language, we will explore this below:
- Ruby on Rails – A dynamic open-source programming language
Almost every business has this question why is Ruby on Rails better than other programming languages in the field. There is a probability the same question might have crossed your mind too. If so, here are some reasons that make Ruby on Rails dynamic and better than the rest.
- Test automation – RoR comes with test automation, which allows developers to carry out testing with ease. It is possible today, thanks to the Ruby community. It has excellent features that help you do testing simultaneously with coding. Hence, you save effort and time because it eliminates the need for third-party plugins.
- Tooling – Another eye-catching feature of Ruby on Rails is tooling. You can use it to access several features on the web app in a shorter duration.
- Incredible libraries – When it comes to the libraries of Ruby on Rails, there is no match in the web application development industry. It has Ruby generators, gems, and modules. With RoR, you can get your hands on many gems that help to incorporate features in the web app. Also, they are the ones necessary for speeding up the development process.
- Less coding – Unlike other options, Ruby on Rails enables developers to run MVC quicker and efficiently. It helps developers write less code while checking and fixing issues in the project (if any).
- Security – Ruby on Rails has in-built security measures, so there is no way users will miss this. It means if you hire RoR developers for your web development project, they are by default practicing a secure process.
Automation is the need of the hour because it simplifies tedious and time-consuming tasks of web app development. The good news is Ruby on Rails ensures automation while creating a secure and high-performing web application. So, now you know why Ruby on Rails is known as a dynamic coding language.
If you are searching for a reliable Ruby On Rails Development Company, get in touch with SoftProdigy. We have years of experience in building quality web applications with Ruby on Rails.