November 13th, 2019
Some great products by SoftProdigy on the shelf
Converting Flex to HTML5- A Step by Step Approach
Flex application owners are moving towards HTML5 due to the specialized constraints of the platform.
It is right to say Flex is a sinking technology but how to convert Flex to HTML5? What steps are needed? How do we migrate an application originally built on Flex into HTML5?
Is converting from Flex into HTML5 is one of those startup solutions to technology challenges?
First, let us know what challenges a business has to face staying with Flex.
For the start-ups, the major concern is cost. While many of you might think upgrading software or migrate to a new one will be a costly affair. It is important to know staying with the propriety software can cost you more than migrating to a new platform.
Sticking with the Flex can add to your costs. It will require a Flash browser plug-in to render and display your application. Also, the platform will not allow a responsive user interface design. As now the whole game is on the mobile devices and tablets, you cannot even think of not having a responsive UI.
Research says, ’90 percent of businesses support iOS devices such as iPhones or iPads, and no longer support Flash.’
Moreover, open standard technologies such as HTML5 allow enterprises to provide users with more device choices and allows compatibility across different platforms.
Here’s why companies want to convert from Flex into HTML5–
- Unlike Flex that requires a runtime environment when it comes to downloading, HTML5 doesn’t require any runtime environment in the browser
- HTML5 can provide a far better user experience as compared to Flex
- HTML5 supports multiple devices unlike Flex that prohibits responsive UI
- Built-in advanced features of HTML5 can reduce the time and development costs to a large extent
- HTML5 includes options to include varieties of media such as video, audio, canvas elements and integration of scalable vector graphics content
- Majority of app developers have already moved towards HTML5 and trust the platform
- Faster than flash
Now, let us discuss how to convert from Flex into HTML5.
The main objective of migrating from Flex into HTML5 is making the application responsive and mobile friendly. The combination of HTML, CSS and JS framework technology like Bootstrap can be executed in the View Layer alongside HTML5 and CSS3 in order to create a smooth responsive end product.
The conversion process begins by utilizing a Flash to HTML system. This is executed by redesigning and rebuilding the overall Flex content, and then subsequently making adjustments with HTML5.
By following this process, the modification process into new HTML5 content can be done in an extensively lesser time. The HTML5 final content will have the same content from Flex, for example- visuals, abundance, look and feel, graphics and more.
HTML5 is the future of web application development, and it makes a good decision to migrate from Flex to HTML5. Also, the reduced costs of the platform make it a preferred choice for start-up solutions. Get in touch with professional website migration service to build robust applications based on great and advanced technology.
Stay updated with what's happening in the industry
- 3 S’s Of E-commerce: Know Them before Starting Your Own E-Commerce Business!
- What’s the Best CMS for Tech Sites?
- Mobile Commerce: A More Convenient Way to Earn Profits
- Top 6 Reasons to Choose ASP.NET Framework for Web Development
- Why You Need an Effective Email Outreach Process (Oh and How to Develop One)