December 4th, 2019
7 Benefits of ASP.NET Over Other Web Development Frameworks
ASP.NET is an open-source server-side web application framework developed by Microsoft. A member of the .NET framework, ASP.NET is a very valuable tool for programmers and developers as it allows them to build rich websites and web applications using compiled languages like .NET, VB, and C#.
ASP stands for Active Server Pages, & .NET provides framework for it. ASP.NET development solutions allow programmers to build dynamic websites, applications, and services. Amazon, eBay, and many other popular websites use ASP.NET as the framework behind them.
ASP.NET was first released in January 2002 with version 1.0 of the .NET Framework, & is the successor to Microsoft’s Active Server Pages (ASP) technology. It is built on the Common Language Runtime (CLR), where programmers can write ASP.NET code using any supported .NET language.
ASP.Net has been in the industry from last 17 years now, & has maintained an adaptive image as a web development framework. Many features & upgrades have been cued with its progression from time-to-time. Its latest version is 4.7.1 launched in October 17, 2017.
ASP.NET supports the following programming models for building web applications:
• ASP.NET Web Forms for building modular pages out of components, with UI events being processed server-side.
• ASP.NET MVC for building web pages using the model–view–controller design pattern.
• ASP.NET Web Pages, a lightweight syntax for adding dynamic code and data access directly inside HTML markup.
• ASP.NET Web API for building Web APIs on top of the .NET Framework.
• ASP.NET WebHooks to implement the Webhook pattern for subscribing to and publishing events via HTTP.
• SignalR, a real-time communications framework for bi-directional communication between clients and server.
Known as a free open source cross-platform, ASP.NET performs faster than any other popular web framework, which tags ASP.NET web development services as the hot-favorite services for developing dynamic websites. ASP.NET is supported on Microsoft Windows, Linux & Mac Operating System.
Following are some important advantages ASP.NET offers over other web development models:
1. It drastically reduces the amount of code required to build large applications.
2. With built-in Windows authentication and per-application configuration, your applications are safe to use.
3. It provides better performance by taking advantage of early binding, just-in-time compilation, native optimization, and caching services.
4. The ASP.NET framework is provided with a rich toolbox and designer in the Visual Studio integrated development environment.
5. It provides simplicity as ASP.NET makes it easy to perform common development tasks.
6. The source code and HTML are together so that, ASP.NET pages are easy to maintain and write.
7. It is purely server-side technology where ASP.NET code executes on the server before it is sent to the browser.
With these benefits, it is very clear why ASP.NET is a better framework over other web development models. In short, ASP.NET web development services are accessible on a global basis, leading to efficient information management.
Whether you are building a small business website or a large corporate web application, an ASP.NET web development company will provide you all the features you could possibly need at an affordable cost!