February 20th, 2019
Some great products by SoftProdigy on the shelf
3 Ways a Retailer Can Make the Best Use of Social Media
Did you know, by the end of 2016, there were 3.5 billion users calculated, using the internet on a regular basis? And surprisingly enough, Facebook had a total of 1.59 billion monthly active users by the end of 2015!
If you’re a business man, especially a retailer in B2C, what idea does it give to you? Are you still stuck with your brick and mortar store, indulged in the traditional methods of physical marketing? If yes, your success is behind a huge cloud of doubt!
With such a surprising number of people active on the internet, especially the social media, you must and you’re bound to take your retail business on the internet!
Now, you might say that you have a website or an e-commerce store, already! What else?
We’re focusing on the social media marketing of your business which can easily be achieved if you avail the professional social media marketing services and do it the right way!
Here are 3 ways you can make the best use of the social media for your retail business:
- 1. Spreading The Word
The best thing about the social media channels of today is that they already have a jam-packed user base! So, you don’t have to do much! Just hire the best social media marketing company and consider your work done!
With so many users already highly active on the social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. all you need to do is reach them with the right approach, telling them about your business.
Even this comes in handy with the advanced marketing and advertising policies of platforms like Facebook. So, when it comes to spreading the word about your business, you can use the advanced services offered by different social media platforms.
For instance, with the help of professionals offering the strategic internet marketing services, you can set Facebook ads or Instagram sponsored posts to reach a pre-described traffic on the internet.
With the help of the popular hashtags in social networks like Instagram and Twitter, you can avail the benefits of the prevailing trends on social media for your own promotions.
Even if you have some upcoming events or if you’re about to launch a new collection, there is no better option to spread the word other than social media. So, why wait? It’s all within your reach. You just need to snap into action!
If you want to launch your social media campaigns or posts with the right tactics in the right direction, you can seek the professionals delivering social media marketing services.
- 2. Introducing New Deals And Offers
Retail business, of course a B2C one, is all about keeping the interest of your customers alive in your brand. Delivering them the best-quality products, great after-services, and engaging offers is the key to keeping your customer base intact and growing it with time.
Now, what’s the role of social media marketing in this?
When you use social media for telling the world about your business and products, you’re aiming at making a huge customer base. However, does your work stop there? No!
You need to keep the curiosity and interest of your customers buzzing through regular updates. And for a retail business, these updates are usually related to the upcoming offers, new arrivals, launch of new collections, new deals, festive offers, discounts, etc.
With the help of the professional strategic internet marketing services, you can maintain a great online presence on the social media like a business page on Facebook, a page on Instagram, or a Twitter handle for your business.
- 3. Providing Customer Service
Social media networks have recently turned out as a great place for the customers to directly contact the retailers or service providers. For instance, on Instagram and Twitter, you can easily mention the name of the retailer within your posts by including their username.
To let your customers know about your business page, you can launch an advertisement campaign or marketing campaign on the social media, by availing the expert social media marketing services.
The ease of contact and communication through social media channels has made it quite handy for the businesses to hear their customers out and provide the customer support.
For instance, many renowned companies let their customers post their reviews, complains, or suggestions on their profiles or timelines and they address them accordingly.
This also reflects the quality of your customer support services and helps building a great brand image!
With these effective ways, you can use up the behemoth social media network for the good of your retail business. However, there are certain social media misconceptions that you need to avoid while conducting your social media marketing campaigns:
Common Social Media Marketing Misconceptions to Avoid
- 1. You need to get on every social media network: If you think that being on every social media channel will get you more customers, you’re mistaken. Not every social media platform is suitable for every business and not every social media has a strong user base. You can choose the most suitable and leading social networks, to begin with. If you feel the need, you can expand to other platforms, later!
- 2. Social Media Is Only For Entertainment and Fun: Wrong! With such a great increase in the user base of many social media networks, social media is becoming the best place for business promotion and marketing with the help of the best strategic internet marketing services. Think about it this way, why would a customer look up a new business and know about it himself? It wouldn’t even bother them and they won’t even know you! So, why not introduce yourself to them, in a place where they already are and always will be!
- 3. It’s all free: It surely isn’t! The best social media marketing services are usually availed through the professionals, who obviously won’t work for free. Also, the adverts or marketing campaigns devised through the social media channels like Facebook and Instagram are paid. However, you can select the types of ads according to your budget.
To sum it all up, we can conclude that social media marketing is an essential part of the marketing plan for a retail business. Without maintaining a good presence on the social media channels, you’re surely going to lag behind.
So gear up, choose the best social media marketing company, and start telling the world who you are and what you’ve got for your customers!
Stay updated with what's happening in the industry
- Facebook Advertising: Entering the World of Social Media Marketing
- Understand Technostress Can Hinder Productivity Before It’s Too Late, Says Microsoft
- How to Boost Your Online Sales during Christmas Holiday Season
- Blockchain: A Revolution Ready for Digital Marketing and Mobile App Development
- Expert Tips to Boost Sales This Black Friday and Cyber Monday